Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Why I love soldes and the perfect Paris ensemble

Unbeknownst to me, in Paris there are two official, government-regulated periods when stores offer sales (soldes). Equally unbeknownst to me, but extremely welcome, was the fact that I arrived in Paris in the middle of these sales, with a respectably strong Australian dollar to boot. Tres OMG!

While I bought ceramics in Sweden and linens in Germany, in Paris it was all about the classics. Behold my perfect jeans companions: this APC navy trench...



...plus this APC stripey top...


...plus this glorious Anglo-Franco fashion mash-up, Liberty for Bensimon tennis shoes:



So what if I will be back in Melbourne in a week's time and need to wear spencers and scarves and stockings to keep warm? I will put these treats away for springtime, and in September will be happy to frolic around in some jardins and wistfully dream of the summer that was. Tres bien.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment